If you’re looking for something quick, healthy and appetizing to make for dinner, look no further! Check out this crazy simple and delicious recipe courtesy of Avocados From Mexico featuring Old El Paso whole grain Tortilla Bowls.
Tacos are a fan favourite in my house, especially with the kiddies – it’s one of those go-to meals we can make ahead of time or as a last-minute dish that always satisfies that hangry feeling.
With Cinco de Mayo quickly approaching, it’s also the perfect recipe to capture the flavours of the holiday. Whether you’re planning a fiesta-style celebration or just want an excuse to enjoy tequila and tacos, this nutritious avocado recipe will get you Cinco de Mayo-ready in no time!
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 1 can (127 mL) chopped green chilies
- 8 Old El Paso whole grain Tortilla Bowls
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- lime wedges
- Topping Ideas: shredded lettuce, sliced radishes, diced tomato, sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the beef over medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Next, stir in taco seasoning mix, water and green chilies.
Cook 30 to 60 seconds longer or until liquid is absorbed.
Heat Tortilla Bowls as directed on package. Serve with beef mixture, avocado, cheese, lime wedges and toppings.
Et voila! Bon appetit!