Today beauty experts and fashionistas gathered at Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto for the launch of OPI’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Euro Centrale by OPI is a blend of classic and contemporary.
The collection’s 12 new nail lacquers offer lots to choose from – bright, bold, playful shades like periwinkle, aqua and pink, plus creamy blues in indigo, midnight and aubergine. This collection celebrates regions where history meets modern design.
“Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania make up an exciting new fashion hotspot,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “When visiting these countries, you’ll view Gothic churches alongside vibrant graffiti murals, blending two very different aesthetics. This fusion of old and new was also seen in runway looks during New York Fashion Week, where classic styles were reinvented with modern silhouettes and patterns.”
Media personalities were greeted with cosmos and appetizers as they schmoozed and got a chance to take a sneak peek at the new collection. They were also pampered with manicures and got to choose a shade from the new collection to try out.
Following the reception, there was a presentation followed by a delicious lunch in the one of the very posh ballrooms at Trump Towers that included Sweet and Bitter Greens, a choice of Moroccan Salmon or Roast Organic Chicken Breast, and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The team at Langton PR is known for their classy events, and today was no different. They pulled out all the stops to showcase OPI’s new collection.
The new collection is fun and girly, bold and daring, classic and modern – it offers women a variety of options for all occasions, whether it’s for the office, a romantic getaway or a night out with the girls.
“Euro Centrale boasts a wide variety of shades, ranging from pale nude to deep blue – and featuring everything from shimmering copper to aqua in between!,” continues Weiss-Fischmann. “Whether you’re looking to spice up a black and white print, or add neutrality to a vivid brocade, these lacquers are designed to accessorize spring’s hottest looks.”
- Polka.com – Blue and violet are dancing partners in this glittery combo.
- OPI…Eurso Euro – This deep blue cream is very continental.
- Suzi’s Hungary AGAIN! – Thank goodness there are zero calories in this warm and yummy pink!
- You’re Such a BudaPest – If I let you borrow this periwinkle-purple, will you go away?
- Can’t Find My Czechbook – I hope you take credit, because I must have this aqua!
- My Paprika is Hotter than Yours! – Get the extinguisher … this fiery red is sizzling!
- Hands Off My Kielbasa! – Get your own … this bronzy tan is all mine!
- OY-Another Polish Joke! – So this shimmery-gold walks into a bar…
- A Woman’s Prague-ative – I’m changing this shimmer copper for … never mind!
- Vant to Bite My Neck? – You know you want to … wear this deep eggplant.
- I Saw…U Saw…We Saw…Warsaw – Be seen in this deep midnight blue.
- My Vampire is Buff – Creamy, pale and nude … just how I like my vampires.
OPI also announced another collection that will have you running to the nearest salon – a line of eight new limited edition shades inspired and hand-selected by multiple Grammy Award winning recording artist Mariah Carey. These shades include four new OPI Liquid Sand lacquers featuring groundbreaking technology for a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle.
“To pay homage to her iconic status, we wanted to launch her collection with something completely new and exciting,” she says. “OPI Liquid Sand nail lacquer offers a never-before-seen look with a pebbled finish that lightly shimmers with fine glitter particles. Worn without a top coat, Liquid Sand lacquer gives nails a unique textured matter finish worthy of a superstar.”
Of course, the event wouldn’t be complete without thanking all its guests for coming out by offering them goody bags filled with each collection. How exciting!
For more information visit www.opi.com.